– Lake Street House Vacation Rental & Event Venue –
ake Street house sits just one block off of Main Street within walking distance of all things Joseph! Shopping, eating, galleries and more.
Lake Street house is truly one of a kind. Built in 2005 by Wallowa county craftsman with art Nouveau Decor, hand carved wood mermaids, dragons and a unique hand hammered iron helix staircase to the upstairs bedroom loft with breathtaking mountain views. This place is an artistic masterpiece and has been hailed the hidden treasure of NE Oregon for years.
Originally created to be a restaurant, we’ve transformed this elegant space into the perfect vacation for any couple or family.
The house has an open floor plan fully furnished with 2 semi-private bedrooms, all the amenities & additional studio cottage with Queen bed:
Both can be completely closed off for privacy using the drop curtains.
- 2 Bedrooms with Queen beds, +1 a studio cottage for up to 2 guests
- Flat screen TV, Wi-Fi, Sound System, AC
- Covered front porch complete with dining and patio furniture for enjoying the sun and sensational views
- Covered 2nd story outdoor loft off the upstairs bedroom
- 1 1/2 bath with soaking tub and large beautifully appointed shower
- Covered back porch
- Fenced private backyard with small stage perfect for intimate weddings or any special event
- Full commercial kitchen with convection oven, gas Wolfe range, dishwasher, washer & dryer.
- Bar side dining area seats up to 15
- Commercial Ice Machine & Small under counter refrigerator behind bar.
- Perfect for family gatherings, holiday stays or small special occasions (Contact us for more information on booking your event.)
- Ample parking with wheelchair access and additional city parking lot just across the street.
The beautifully landscaped private backyard provides the perfect place to enjoy a BBQ, read a good book or simply lounge in the sun.
“There is NOTHING like this in the entire county! It’s cozy yet luxurious and perfect for any stay and hosting small intimate events like weddings for 30-60 people, anniversaries, honeymoons, small private parties etc.” ~Cindi Aschenbrenner
“Joseph Oregon has always been a special place to us. Our family has lived in Wallowa County for 35 years. We are thrilled to call it home & offer you a beautiful place to enjoy while you are here.”
We created Lake Street House to share this little slice of heaven with you. From the deepest glacieral made lake to our favorite local coffee shop, Joseph offers something for everyone.
Take a day drive to Imnaha or Hells Canyon lookout – the deepest canyon in the country is just a stunning 70 minute drive away. Perfect for the motorcycle enthusiast. Highway 39 has been hailed as 1 of the top 10 rides in the country.
Love to SUP, kayak, water ski or hike? Wallowa Lake and the Eagle Cap Mountain range await! For the winter enthusiast, you are only 30 minutes from the snow park. Go snowmobile, back-country ski and snowshoe or spend the day at our local ski area, Ferguson Ridge.
Maybe you need some R&R. Lake Street House is the space for rest and rejuvenation and our little town is quiet, quaint and fun. Downtown Joseph is 1 block away and Main St is filled with beautiful shops, art galleries, eateries, coffee houses, and more.
All locally owned and unique. You won’t find the usual franchises and everyday knickknacks here. Many a Summer night you will find live music and entertainment, or enjoy the Summer sunset from Lake Street House front porch or private 2nd story balcony.
Walk & Shop Main St Joseph:
Start at Red Horse Coffee Shop with a delicious homemade breakfast and cup of their roasted coffee! My fave is their homemade Chai Tea and veggie breakfast burrito with bacon; everything’s better with bacon!
Then walk your way up one side of Main St, enjoying the stunning little town with cobblestone sidewalks, local shops, & bronze sculptures on every corner. As you stroll be sure to stop in at To Zion, Teal Boutique, Heidi’s, Valley Bronze gallery, Copper Creek, BeeCrowBee, Kelly’s gallery, Simply Sandy’s, Stewart Jones, Arrowhead (handmade amazing chocolates), Lamb’s Trading Post (perfect for women who love jewelry and men who love all things fishing!), Sports Coral and Josephy center.
There are so many more wonderful shops and restaurants along the way, so be sure to stroll through them all to find that perfect gift for no reason!